Organic wine estate AOC Bergerac with 60 acres of vines and 75 acres of cereals.
Just 20 minutes from Bergerac and five minutes from a charming small town with all facilities, near the Chateau de Vigiers Golf and Country Club. Peaceful environment.
A 14thC home with numerous period features in gardens of three and a quarter acres (1.3ha) including three ornamental ponds, recently renovated and with around 300 sq ft (270m2) of living space.
- Large fitted kitchen (fireplace, back kitchen, cold store), leading to terrace.
- Sitting room, fireplace.
- Dining room, fireplace.
- Ground floor bedroom with shower room.
- Upstairs landing/sitting room leading to three bedrooms and three shower rooms.
- Heating: Wood pellet stove in sitting room, wood burner in kitchen, electric radiators. Double glazing.
Outbuildings: Garages, workshop, 17th Wine room with thermally regulated concrete vats of 550 hectolitres, fibre vats of 800 hectolitres and steel vats 100 hectolitres.
An extremely high quality vineyard producing first rate Red, Rosé and White wines on calcareous and silty clay soils consisting of:
- nearly 60 acres (24ha) of vines of which 25 are self-managed and 35 under contract.
- nearly 75 acres (30ha) of cereals of which 12.5 are self-managed and 86 under contract.
The sale includes all production machinery valued at 251 000 € (in nearly new condition), the company registration, client lists, web site and, if required, a one-year hand over period.
Production has been cash-flow positive for the past 15 years and continually improving. The total production is bottle-sold and generates reviews of 300 000€ per annum.
An additional house can be purchased (see reference 1042A).